That's right, it's gonna be a kilty Xmas and a tartan New Year. Who cares if we're going at the worst possible time, weather-wise? We'll stay warm by drowning ourselves in Scotch-laced hot toddies. And haggis meat pies.
You all know I like lists, right?
Things I must do whilst in Scotland:
- Prance around the Highlands like I've been cast in a (Scottish) reboot of the Sound of Music
- Get stuck in a sheep crossing
- Pay homage to Monty Python & the Holy Grail by storming the walls of Castle Doune.
- Sleep in an honest to goodness castle. (Arranged! 2 nights in Dalhousie Castle.)
- Isle of Skye!
- Stalk Ewan McGregor
- Visit at least 1 of the whisky distilleries on this list
- Find a pub that will televise the Dec 23 and Dec 30 Patriots' games
- Let my movie freak flag fly - Harry Potter film locations
- Learn how to say "Yankee, go home" in Scottish gaelic