19 October 2011

Virgin Post

Blogger cherry popped. No tears. No pain. No spotting on sheets. And even gentle spooning afterwards. Excellent.

Wackadoo Stew will primarily be a repository for creative writing exercises shrouded in pop culture musings, books and movies recommendations, (mein) photographs, attempts at pithy introspective discourses (with myself) and miscellaneous narcissistic commentary on my life. In short, pretty much anything that grabs my fancy.

Just a sidenote on the narcissistic element of personal blogging -- I have to admit, this process does not come naturally to me. I'm the type of person that would rather blend into the wallpaper than call attention to myself, which is completely incongruous with why (aspiring) writers are compelled to write. The notion of posting on the internet is terrifying, to bare one's ego to the anonymous e-public to be judged, criticized, vilified, drawn and quartered. (Yes, in my head, it is still the Middle Ages). But an aspiring writer does not (should not) write in a vacuum. An aspiring writer writes to have their words be read, or else, what's the point?

So, this blog is my personal project to vomit words onto the interwebz and see what sticks. Cue the daunting task of filling the empty spaces.










What's that Wordsworth quote? "Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." Breathings of your heart...? Sounds like a bad Harlequin novel. Yeah, not quite. If only it was as easy as breathing one's heart onto the page. For me, it feels more like this quote by Kurt Vonnegut: "When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth." Case in point - it took me three days to write/revise/edit/polish this measly post (and I'm still not satisfied).

So, dear reader, if you have stumbled upon this blog by accident, thanks in advance for taking the time to peruse and I hope you come back again. I am making it my goal to amuse you.

1 comment: