- Haven’t written anything in a month. Creatively constipated. Need an enema.
- Beginning July 16, I will be embarking on The Quest.
- Louis C.K. is currently the funniest thing on the tube.
- Email from the husband --
Husband: Mmmmm, I’m gonna Higgs your bosun.
Me: Is that code for something?
Husband: Mmmmm, I’m gonna code your something.
(note: Higgs bosun is a sub-atomic particle, also referred to as the God particle.)
- Trader Joe’s has grass fed, New Zealand ground beef on sale for $5.99. Do you know how much of an awesome price that is for grass fed anything?
- Best thing about summer: overabundance of avocados. Why? GUACAMOLE, that’s why!
- The husband is suffering from a severe case of wanderlust and proposed taking a month off to traipse around Europe. I heartily agreed.
- Afternoon light (around 5 or 6pm) creates the most beautiful long shadows.
- Most listened to this week: Townes van Zandt, Them Crooked Vultures, O Mio Babbino Caro
- Songs guaranteed to make me choke up every time: Rolling Stones’ “Wild Horses” and Tom Waits’ “San Diego Serenade”.
- I don’t get 50 Shades of Grey. I read the first 15 pages on Amazon and... let’s just say, I would also use a pseudonym.
- I love Amazon.com.
- Hollywood needs more women directors like Kathryn Bigelow.
- My love of movies exceeds the heat generated in a large hadron collider (allegedly 10 million billion degrees Celsius).
- Currently reading a really crappy script by a fellow writer; vacillating between giving brutally honest feedback or merely adding to his delusion. (And I’m not being snooty; this script is truly awful.)
- Hey, overly endowed girl. Just because it’s hot out is not a justification to expose your chichis. Leave something to the imagination, for the love of everything decent in this world.
- I think the movie-going audience is now ready for a Thelma and Louise reboot.
- Watching kittens play has been medically proven to lower your blood pressure.*
- Drinking wine has also been proven to do the same as #18.*
- Not watching the news has also... etc... etc.... refer to #18.*
- Last films watched: The Hurt Locker, Clueless, Shame.
- A phrase that I wish would gain in popularity - “Pish posh”.
- The Oxford comma - yea or nay?
- The aughts’ cultural zeitgeist - a vacuous black hole or appropriately zeitgeistian?
- Contemplating undertaking Project 365. But that’s, like, a lot of photos so contemplating a (much) truncated version instead: Project 30.
- Random Facebook conversation:
S: Depends if they leave a skidmark or not.
J: No skidmark.
S: Then love.
J: Smelly love.
S: Love stinks.
- The elements that make up our bodies are the same elements that make up the universe; ergo, we are of the universe.
- Countdown: 5 months, 8 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes until Scotland (as of 7/12/12 @ 2:49pm)
- Whatever happened to David Chappelle?
*These statements have not been medically proven to be true.